Here I am, writing a post from my new iPhone. Amazing!
I love the functionality, but I'll admit, the keyboard is a little hard to get used to. I'm working on it, though. Quite literally, as a matter of fact.
I've been going a little crazy with the apps, so let me take this time to give a short critique of it all (besides the general OMG this is soooooo cool reaction).
There are actually different flavors of app. Of course there are the games, which have highly impressed even me. I really didn't expect such first-person shooters as Call of Duty and Resident Evil to be on there. Additionally you have some complex ones like Assassin's Creed (which I'm seriously considering getting) and Avatar (which I DID buy, and is fantastic). There are strategy games, RPGs, puzzles--you name it, it's there. What's nice is that many of the larger games have "lite" demos that you can download and try out for free to see if you like the game. It's like playing those shareware/freeware discs from my childhood all over again! I'm having fun. The coolest games by far are ones that you control with the accelerometer--makes you giggle like a little kid.
There are also utility apps. Those are for people who actually want to manage things with this gizmo. Examples would be the small "to-do" list app and the one I will eventually post this novel with.
Others are more intricate. Want a recipe? Betty Crocker has an app! I already made a delicious potato thing. Want to update Facebook? There's an app to brag about what dive you're currently posting your status from. Want to read a book? There's a Kindle app, which is really quite remarkable.
There are apps to edit photos, do online shopping, make dining reservations, buy movie tickets, and all sorts of crazy things. I am astounded.
And what's nice is that a lot of these are free.
And then there are the contol-freak apps. Where you absolutely have to know everything that's going on...now. I can check my e-mail and chat with buddies. There's all sorts of online news apps, and the phone already comes with a great YouTube search/player. There are ways to monitor the weather, the market, and your finances. I even found a little app that brought my boyfriend and I closer together Friday night when we went out. It was one that allowed EVE online players to keep track of their characters' skills. I downloaded it (free, of course) and he logged in and happily gave me a tour of his characters. What a silly man. But we are both very much in love, at least.
So bottom line? I have too much free time on my hands. But aside from that, this is a really cool piece of equipment.
I'd say my only disappointment is that it's the most uncomfortable cell phone I have ever used. Yes. Ironic.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment